Aspen Real Estate Market Report – December 2015
As we move into the holiday season we wanted to share a brief Roaring Fork Valley market report. Look for our comprehensive 2015 year-end review in early 2016.
The average sales price continues to creep north with a 24% increase YTD over 2014. Sellers are getting 92% of their asking price, and the days on market decreased 11%. Overall the market is healthy with a continual, steady pace in sales and properties coming online as we approach the New Year.
Click here for a full Aspen report.
Winter is here! The ski season is underway and the holiday spirit is felt as Aspen becomes the magical ski town we all know and love. One of our Broker Associates, Kellen Porter, shares his favorite things to do during this special time of year.
- Strapping on the bindings for a full-day of riding at ALL four of our resorts!
- Enjoying the fun-filled events of the “12 Days of Aspen” culminating with the New Year’s Soiree at Sky Hotel
- Strolling the snowy streets of town – taking in the holiday lights, the bonfires, and stopping for a hot toddy at the Library in Hotel Jerome
- Holiday parties at some local favorites, including L’Hostaria and Santa at the Hotel Jerome
Thanksgiving weekend is when Aspen comes alive for the 2015/16 season. We are grateful for the incredible culinary, athletic and cultural events happening during this exciting time of year. Below are the must-dos.
November 26- Aspen and Snowmass Mountain Opening Day
Winter is knocking at Aspen's door - dropping inches of snow atop Independence Pass and the Highlands Bowl. We are enjoying a couple more quiet weeks before the 2015-16 ski season kicks off on Thanksgiving Day with the opening of Aspen Mountain. Below are a few of Broker Associate, Jay Wright's favorite things to do in the lovely month of November.
The golden Aspen leaves, as well as the summer crowds, are dissipating - leaving us with a quiet off-season to enjoy peaceful moments and rejuvinate for the coming winter season. Below are just a few of Dawnette's favorite things to do in this coveted time of year.
- Hiking through the brilliant, golden Aspen forests
- Finding the early season snow at the top of Independence Pass
- Drinking in the rooftop view over lunch at the Aspen Art Museum
- Chopping wood in preparation for the coming winter months
- Enjoy spacious yoga classes at local studios like O2, Arjuna, & Shakti Shala
Fall has officially arrived in Aspen, Colorado! After a lively Labor Day, town has quieted a bit and hues of gold are emerging in the foliage. September is an incredible time to enjoy all our valley has to offer. Below are some of Dale's favorite fall activities.
- Cycling to the Maroon Bells and Ashcroft to see the changing foliage.
- Quiet dinners at my favorite restaurants like L'Hostaria.
- Rocking out to the Jazz Festival in Snowmass over Labor Day weekend.
- Exploring new mountain bike trails on Sky Mountain Park with my buddies.
As our summer season begins to wind down in Aspen and the leaves start to change, the strength of the market continues to ramp up. In fact, Pitkin County’s sales dollar volume for the first half of 2015 is up 41.81% over 2014 - the highest among the seven Colorado mountain counties. It is also the first time in eight years that our market’s “dollar volume” rose above that of Eagle County—which includes Aspen’s rival resort, Vail.
Below are a few July and year to date statistics for Aspen and Snowmass Village.
The days are getting a touch shorter but the wild flowers are still blooming and the backcountry has never been so green! Make sure to take full advantage of our last month of summer in the Roaring Fork Valley. Below are some of Layne's favorite things to do in August.
- Mountain biking the Rim Trail in Snowmass followed by a salt water swim with my son at the Snowmass Recreation Center
- Watching the US Pro Challenge race by from the top of Independence Pass
- Relaxing on the Benedict Tent lawn – enjoying the music, a picnic and wine
- Seeing familiar faces at the Thursday evening concerts on Fanny Hill in Snowmass
- Watching my son play at the top of AJAX after a family hike up the Ute Trail
The wildflowers are bursting, town is buzzing and summer is in full-swing in Aspen, Colorado. Below are a few of Dawnette's favorite things to do in the height of summer.
- Horseback riding in Old Snowmass
- Boating or sailing the blue waters of Ruedi Reservoir
- Enjoying camp fires in the beautiful forests surrounding Aspen
- Floating the Roaring Fork River to fly fish and spot wildlife
- Expanding my mind at Aspen Institute seminars and lectures
We want to welcome Stirling Peak Properties’ new addition, Nichole Campbell as Rental Coordinator. She joins our team with a Management and Marketing degree from Shippensburg University, experience in a competitive sales position as well as various facets of the food and beverage industry.
Nichole will be managing the daily operations of the vacation rental department which includes everything from administrative duties regarding agreements, to coordinating the housekeeping team, to property marketing. She will have her Colorado broker’s license by September when her role will expand and evolve.