Aspen Real Estate Market Report – December 2015
As we move into the holiday season we wanted to share a brief Roaring Fork Valley market report. Look for our comprehensive 2015 year-end review in early 2016.
The average sales price continues to creep north with a 24% increase YTD over 2014. Sellers are getting 92% of their asking price, and the days on market decreased 11%. Overall the market is healthy with a continual, steady pace in sales and properties coming online as we approach the New Year.
Click here for a full Aspen report.
Winter is here! The ski season is underway and the holiday spirit is felt as Aspen becomes the magical ski town we all know and love. One of our Broker Associates, Kellen Porter, shares his favorite things to do during this special time of year.
- Strapping on the bindings for a full-day of riding at ALL four of our resorts!
- Enjoying the fun-filled events of the “12 Days of Aspen” culminating with the New Year’s Soiree at Sky Hotel
- Strolling the snowy streets of town – taking in the holiday lights, the bonfires, and stopping for a hot toddy at the Library in Hotel Jerome
- Holiday parties at some local favorites, including L’Hostaria and Santa at the Hotel Jerome
Thanksgiving weekend is when Aspen comes alive for the 2015/16 season. We are grateful for the incredible culinary, athletic and cultural events happening during this exciting time of year. Below are the must-dos.
November 26- Aspen and Snowmass Mountain Opening Day
Winter is knocking at Aspen's door - dropping inches of snow atop Independence Pass and the Highlands Bowl. We are enjoying a couple more quiet weeks before the 2015-16 ski season kicks off on Thanksgiving Day with the opening of Aspen Mountain. Below are a few of Broker Associate, Jay Wright's favorite things to do in the lovely month of November.
The golden Aspen leaves, as well as the summer crowds, are dissipating - leaving us with a quiet off-season to enjoy peaceful moments and rejuvinate for the coming winter season. Below are just a few of Dawnette's favorite things to do in this coveted time of year.
- Hiking through the brilliant, golden Aspen forests
- Finding the early season snow at the top of Independence Pass
- Drinking in the rooftop view over lunch at the Aspen Art Museum
- Chopping wood in preparation for the coming winter months
- Enjoy spacious yoga classes at local studios like O2, Arjuna, & Shakti Shala