Thanksgiving weekend is when Aspen comes alive for the 2015/16 season. We are grateful for the incredible culinary, athletic and cultural events happening during this exciting time of year. Below are the must-dos.
November 26- Aspen and Snowmass Mountain Opening Day
Winter is knocking at Aspen's door - dropping inches of snow atop Independence Pass and the Highlands Bowl. We are enjoying a couple more quiet weeks before the 2015-16 ski season kicks off on Thanksgiving Day with the opening of Aspen Mountain. Below are a few of Broker Associate, Jay Wright's favorite things to do in the lovely month of November.
The golden Aspen leaves, as well as the summer crowds, are dissipating - leaving us with a quiet off-season to enjoy peaceful moments and rejuvinate for the coming winter season. Below are just a few of Dawnette's favorite things to do in this coveted time of year.
- Hiking through the brilliant, golden Aspen forests
- Finding the early season snow at the top of Independence Pass
- Drinking in the rooftop view over lunch at the Aspen Art Museum
- Chopping wood in preparation for the coming winter months
- Enjoy spacious yoga classes at local studios like O2, Arjuna, & Shakti Shala
Our market statistics reveal the Aspen single family home market continues to technically be a buyer's market, although with our unique valley (home prices varying from $300k-$100M+) it is not so easily defined. Market trends are calculated by measuring the current rate of sales versus the amount of available inventory. In resort markets like Aspen and Snowmass Village, where we experience large price fluctuations and fewer total properties, the standard rules often do not apply. In typical markets, less than 6-months of inventory would signal a buyer’s market, but in a luxury resort market that delineation is often extended to 12 or 18 months.
Fall has officially arrived in Aspen, Colorado! After a lively Labor Day, town has quieted a bit and hues of gold are emerging in the foliage. September is an incredible time to enjoy all our valley has to offer. Below are some of Dale's favorite fall activities.
- Cycling to the Maroon Bells and Ashcroft to see the changing foliage.
- Quiet dinners at my favorite restaurants like L'Hostaria.
- Rocking out to the Jazz Festival in Snowmass over Labor Day weekend.
- Exploring new mountain bike trails on Sky Mountain Park with my buddies.